College Aftermath is owned and maintained by just one person (me!), and it can often be a big job to keep the site up to date with great content that will help young grads on their college-to-life transition. For that reason, I’m always on the look out for great articles relevant to post-college readers. If you have advice, suggestions, or would like to share a guest post, I welcome your contribution!
Guest post guidelines
The goal and purpose of this site is to offer useful, honest insight at a crucial time for young, talented people. I am quite picky about what I choose to publish, so I ask that writers follow these guidelines before submitting posts:
- Articles should be relevant and useful to recent college graduates. I do not publish articles that are targeted at current students.
- Ideally, articles should be from the author’s personal experience. Readers connect with stories that are genuine and detailed! You might even consider writing in the first person.
- Articles should be original, meaning they are not published elsewhere and won’t be in the future.
- Please triple check for spelling, grammar, and a smooth flow. I won’t publish sloppy writing and don’t have the time to edit for you!
- The tone of your article should be uplifting, maybe even humorous. Many of my readers are struggling and feeling alone — it’s my mission to offer a sense of hope and relief.
- Please be sure to provide credit and/or links to any sources from which you acquire information.
- If you’d like to include images, please be certain that you are able to do so legally.
- Please don’t waste my time with SEO pitches or articles full of keywords and links to your product/service.
Send your article
When you have a guest post ready, simply send it to email@example.com. Articles should be in Word or Google Docs format, and any photos should be sent in JPG with image license information included.
All published contributors will receive a by-line with a link to your site of choice. Please include this information with your post.
Thank you for considering a contribution to College Aftermath! I appreciate the help in keeping the site fresh and interesting. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.